What Version of the Policy Applies to Me?
- For students that enrolled on or after January 3, 2023: Please refer to this page
- For students that enrolled before January 3, 2023: Please refer to this page.
- You are also able to review your applicable policy by referring to your signed Enrollment Agreement.
When Does the Career Services Period Begin?
- The official start stade of your Career Services Period is the first Monday after you graduate. Once your Career Service Period begins, you should review the Tuition Refund Policy (TRP) job search requirements to ensure you are meeting expectations.
How Do I Track My Job Search Activity?
- You must track all job search activity using Chegg Skills' approved tracker platform, Huntr.
Am I Required to Apply for Only In-Person Roles?
- No, your job search can include “remote-only”, “location-flexible”, or “hybrid” roles; however, we recommend at least 10 positions be located in a TRP-eligible city.
Do I Need to Apply to Jobs in the TRP Eligible City I Live In?
- We recommend you apply to at least 10 jobs in a TRP-eligible city as part of your required 30 applications per week requirement.
- You can apply to “remote-only”, “location-flexible”, or “hybrid” roles for the remaining 20 required applications for your weekly application requirement.
What Is a “Qualifying Job Application”?
- A qualifying job application is defined as the submission of an application and/or resume to an in-field position with a TRP-approved title (see “Job Titles” in the Course Catalog http://thinkful.com/regulatory-information).
- If you have questions regarding if your application title will be approved, ask your Career Coach.
What Counts as “Targeted Outreach”?
- Targeted outreach is follow-up communication on a job application.
- This type of outreach can include email, LinkedIn, or job board direct messages to hiring managers or individuals within the target company.
What Are “Informational Interviews”?
- These networking interviews can be in-person, virtual, or a two-way async interaction between you and an industry professional to learn about opportunities in the field.
What Counts as a “Networking Event”?
- Networking events can include meetups, conferences, seminars, networking events, hackathons, workshops, job fairs, or other options approved by your career coach.
Do Networking Events Have to Be In-Person?
- No, networking events can be in-person or virtual.
How Do I Take a Technical Interview?
- Your Career Coach will provide more information if you are required to complete a technical interview.
What Happens if I Do Not Meet All Job Search Expectations?
- All job search activity tracked in Huntr will be reviewed after the request for review is made by a student to the Advanced Support team at the end of the Career Services Period.
- Tuition refund requests should be made via the Chegg Skills Tuition Refund Request form. TRP eligibility will be determined upon review.
- Students who do not adhere to ALL job search requirements will not receive a Tuition Refund.
If I Lose Eligibility, Can I Still Meet With My Career Coach?
- Yes! Loss of TRP eligibility during the Career Services Period does not eliminate your eligibility to participate in careers and utilize your coach’s support through the end of your Careers Services Period.